Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ramblings....

Just thought I'd ramble on about some things on my mind lately -



  • ONLY 2 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!



  • We leave for Destin in a couple of days, and I cannot wait. I checked out the weather forecast, and right now it looks like rain is forecasted for 3 days of our trip :-/ Hopefully Florida weather is like Texas weather - changing at the drop of a hat. I don't have much luck with planning vacations. Last year when we went to Galveston, we happened to be there right as a hurricane was on its way - first June hurricane in something like 15 years, by the way. Just my luck. Fortunately, the hurricane made a turn and didn't end up hitting Galveston, but we got quite a bit of rain and crazy ocean waves. Ended up getting only 1 good beach day the whole week! Hope our luck is better this year.



  • Brady has been sick with strep throat all weekend :-( This is the sickest I've even seen him. He's really only had ear infections and croup in the past. Those aren't fun by any means, but he was still up running around playing when he had them. This time, he didn't even have the energy to play. I knew he was really sick when he wanted to sit on the couch and cuddle. He NEVER does that. He ran a temp of 102 or higher all weekend. Poor guy.



  • I stayed home from work yesterday to be with him. He no longer had a temp and was up playing a little bit. I could really tell he was feeling better when I took him to get a hair cut and while in the barber chair he says, "Mommy, who farted?" I tried to ignore it or pretend like I didn't hear him, but he would NOT let it go! He kept saying it over and over and over. I finally got him to change the subject. So. Embarrassing.



  • Did I mention there are only 2 days of school left?!

1 comment:

Beaula Rhodes said...

I'm jealous of your vaca regardless if it rains or not...just the change of scenery sounds awesome. However, I am hoping for nothing but sunshine for you guys!!

And, I'm kinda curious myself, who farted, mommy???? ha, ha :)